Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's a great day to be alive...

Have you ever heard that Travis Tritt song? It came on the radio this morning as I was driving to work and I was BELTING it out. (Later I switched to Casting Crowns, which I was also belting out. I'm such a superstar in my car.  anywhoo...)
I am definitely feeling great today. I woke up early last night and was unable to fall back to sleep, so I decided to just get up early. I'm finally feeling almost back to my normal self after about a week of bleh, so I was excited to work out. (I only worked out twice last week.) I'm still amazed at how energized I feel even after a simple workout. Our bodies are so amazing. I was telling a friend the other day, sometimes when I'm on the treadmill I just praise God for the things my body can do. Granted, 3 minutes of running is not much to some people, but to me? AH-MAZE-ING. Slowly but surely I'm finding small changes in my strength, endurance, and energy level.  A lot of times it's not as fast as I'd like, but I keep trying to focus on how far I've come, not how far I have to go. (boy do I have a long way to go...)
Anyway, on to the weekly updates.
Someday, when I grow up, weekly updates will actually be weekly, as opposed to bi weekly, monthly or quarterly. :)

Week 11:
3/31/11
Weight: 180.8
+/-: -1.8
Yay! I was a little nervous that after last week's big loss my body would freak and try to hold onto weight. I really tried to wise up this week about food, making my snacks more whole foods (mostly fruit) than processed. In the beginning I did okay with this, but the last few weeks have been a lot of not-so-bad-but-not-so-great foods. I am still not a perfect eater by any means, I still have a lot of changes to make, but I like that I am being much more healthy than I was before. Feels like progress! :)

Week 12:
4/7/11
Weight: 181.4
+/-: +.6
Well, apparently I'm trying to start a pattern, lose one week, gain one week, lather, rinse, repeat.  This last week I was "out sick" from working out most of the week, between a tooth getting pulled, a nasty cold and whatever else came my way, I just took a break from working out some days. I did get two days in, but it didn't hold up to the weeks before where I was getting activity in 5-6 times a week. The cool thing about this (cool being a very relative term here, okay?) is that I got to see very clearly how much working out is beneficial to my weight loss goals. I think sometimes, when I'm tired, I just wonder if it's even worth it to work out, and this week shows very clearly that yes, it is worth it.


Here's a picture of me at my mom's last week, after 30 day shred. I'll say it, I'm loving the red-faced, sweaty, crazy hair, just-worked-out look. That's the face of ACCOMPLISHMENT BABY! This was one of the 2 days I worked out last week and it felt GOOD! :)

me4611

Do you guys have a contingency plan for sicky weeks? I'm trying to figure out what I should do the next time this situation comes around.
Hope everyone else had a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment